Our History

More House School opened in 1953 when a group of Catholic parents asked the Canonesses of St Augustine to open a London Day school for their daughters. Named for St Thomas More, the Tudor scholar who was at once philosopher, theologian, mathematician, writer, musician and politician and who died 'the King's good servant, but God's good servant first', the School expanded steadily over the years and in 1971 it moved to its present home in Pont Street, Knightsbridge and also passed into lay management and leadership. More House School is presently managed by a lay charitable trust.